View Single Post

Old 10-06-2017, 01:36 AM

Liked 7,749 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -db- View Post
Reject stamp. I have had a few of these but could find nothing wrong with them. They may have been rejected due to off-color leather or something inconsequential like that.
How interesting. To each his own: Bianchi scored through its name on the item to indicate to the factory that it had not passed its QC inspection in the first place, if the item was returned. To date I have not seen on eBay, for example.

Really, the reason a holster ends up so-marked, is that thhe defect wasn't picked up soon enough in the production process to just put a knife blade through it. A company doesn't "make" rejects. So, fit, form, function are acceptable, but a cosmetic flaw such as a skipped stitch or a knife cut. But otherwise virtually complete.

Of course, coupled with a desire to make one more buck. Mine simply never make it off my bench. A real company tries to recoup whatever it can :-) but to be fair, in the olden days at Bianchi we were merciless about the quality of our 'firsts' so trouble was picked out early.

Last edited by rednichols; 10-06-2017 at 01:51 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: