View Single Post

Old 10-06-2017, 09:32 PM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

i picked up a new 629 last spring 4", my preferred revolver barrel length and took it to the range with my son for a break in the new gun session. been a long time away from revolvers but the gun made it easy for me to look and feel like id been shooting it for years if not decades, love it and the 44 cartridge, having a iconic sw 44 is a grail gun for me and it was amazing how well we got along. even had the range marshal come over to watch for a while. breaking clays set up on the ground at various ranges, destroyed 3 old hard drives "shot completely threw where 9mm shots only left dents,lol" even managed some hits on clays at 100 yards 2 in a row twice. now its made me wonder why i waited so long to get another 6 gun in 44, last one a super blackhawk circa 1980. never had the same rapport with that one i guess. cant wait to get out again. while at the range another guy was shooting his 686 ssr, one i had drooled over on occasion, we talked a bit then swapped guns for a cyl full each again, even with the new 629 i had to go for the ssr, had one a month later love it and now fast becoming a sw revolver addict. no idea weather he intended on getting a 44, though he did complain his hand was sore, so im guessing not a fan. i put 200 full factory rounds threw it that day, mostly da, loved it wished id brought more ammo. continuing sw revolver addiction i picked up a new 442 2 days ago, shot 50 at the range, im hooked on these 3 smiths all wheel guns, sold my fs 9mm walther to get the 442, im keeping my shield but think the 442 might push that to a secondary home defense gun status. been a great year for me and sw revolvers. was getting tired of plastic guns anyway

ps on the triggers, the 629 has had a trigger job, sweeeeeeet smooth pull just under 10. the 442 i was expecting to need smoothing up, pulls 11 but is about as smooth as the 629 is. not going to change a thing there, my 686ssr falls between the two but is getting better fast, now wears vz grips and they have a perfect feel"checkered", thinking of going vz on the other 2, thoughts?

Last edited by bada61265; 10-06-2017 at 09:37 PM.