View Single Post

Old 10-09-2017, 02:27 PM

Liked 9,019 Times in 3,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacan View Post
How many of you who are happy with your new ones, own old ones to compare them with?
I own a 627 Pro which I am very happy with. And I also own 6 model 27's in the various barrel lengths. 5 of them are 27-2 models and the 6th is a 27-5 model. And after changing out the mainspring on the 627 Pro (light DA strikes with the stock spring) and changing the rebound slide spring to a lighter one I find that it shoots as well as my older guns. Looks are another thing, in that the older guns have the beautiful checkered top strap and the 627 Pro has a plain top strap and I'm not a big fan of the slab side barrel, but I wanted an 8 shot N frame revolver and the 627 Pro delivers. And it's trigger feels comparable to the older guns. The lock hole is an eyesore that I would rather not have, but has given me no problems whatsoever. I also think a fine nickel or blue finish is prettier than stainless steel, but that is personal preference and doesn't affect functionality.

With all that said, if S&W would make an 8 shot model 27 with a 4 or 5" traditional half lug barrel and finished in nickel (my preference) or blue, I would buy it in a heartbeat and think about selling the 627 Pro.