View Single Post

Old 10-10-2017, 11:07 PM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts

Been carrying a small revolver EDC for more than 30 yrs. now. I've been thru a bunch.... M 10-2" RB, M 31, M 36, M 60, M 640, M 642, Colt DS, and finally a M 640 Pro. IMHO, It is the definitive small self defense revolver. As stated, the sights are the best bar none, the 357 M chambering is a plus, the moon clip is nice and the ergonomics for me at least are the best. I too carry 38 Special +Ps with a strip speed loader of 357 M.

I was pleasantly surprised at the perfectness of the action and the finish. I'm a pistolsmith and can perform any tuneup required. Other than opening it up just to look, clean and oil, I have not felt the need to do any modifications. Out to a normal pocket pistol range I can shoot it right along with my M 66, 2.5". I have carried it on my ankle, in a very light shoulder holster and a IWB holster... all very comfortably. If I have to carry in the front pocket of my Jeans, I switch back to the M 642. IMHO, it is worth the price. ......

Living on the edge of the desert, we experience coyotes in our street or our yard at least one or two nights per month. When I walk our little foofoo dogs out at night to do their duty I carry the M 640 Pro. Our 85 lb. Pit-bull/Mastiff can take care of her self. ... :-)
The Following 3 Users Like Post: