View Single Post

Old 10-11-2017, 02:01 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow42157 View Post
I recently found a workable 10 round magazine to make my 669 legal in California. It is made by MecGar and rebuilt by Robertson Trading Post. More specifically Robertson's took the MecGar 59 series 10 shot magazine and had a plastics company make a shorter plastic floor plate to be flush in the shorter 12 shot grip of the 469, 669, 6904, 6900 series handguns.

I shot it 100 rounds and zero problems. The new plastic floor plate is not quite as tight as the original 59 series of MecGar( I have one for my 559) but Robertson's redo works perfectly in my 669, drops free and no misfires in or out.
Lord knows I am no fan of Robertson Trading Post for their pitiful misinformation and self-serving restrictions regarding pre-ban vs. post-ban magazines, but this is something I may be forced to look into after Las Vegas. Moonbat MA is getting ready to pull a CA-type move and attempt to ban our pre-1994 hi-cap magazines. That would leave me with a whole lot of S&W 1st & 3rd Gen hi-cap pistols and precious few legal magazines for them.

Please post some pix when you can. I'm well aware of the Mec-Gar 5900-series 10-rounders and I guess I'll be buying some of them soon enough. The cut down versions offered by Robertson Trading Post? I'm less than thrilled but I might have to buy some of them as well.