View Single Post

Old 10-15-2017, 05:05 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default a 380 is not a pop gun and this is an old post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
For a bit of fun, you can go here;

http://www.winchester.com/Products/l...n-testing.aspx

Hit the "Launch Testing Comparison Tool" and you can compare the various Ranger-T loads, note that the 124gr +P, 127gr +P+, and 147gr 9mms, and the .357Sig all give about the same performance in gelatin (in fact the 9mm is often better), also note how close all of the service calibers come in actual performance.

PS; pop gun carriers should note that the .380 is NOT "almost the same as a 9mm", I'm not saying don't carry one, I'm saying don't fool yourself into thinking it's a real gun.
my loads for my 380 which i had before the micro 9 craze i got because it was a hi cap lil pistol now even higher with new mags from bersa i get and xtra 2 rounds over the stock mag by using modded thunder mags
but i havent put it on the crony but its a steel frame double stack not the new alloy frame thunders and my 115 hp loads jack your hand around pretty well so im guessing im approaching 9mm performance if not equaling it i cant fing the ammo can with my bullets in it since the move but i know its pretty well the book max with the sierra hps i wanter to do 124gr but couldnt find any data so the 115 was the best i could do for now im sure these loads would rip apart an alloy or poly gun ut i know i did use bulleye so i could get the most efficient use of the short bbl but i know its pretty snappy and has as much recoil as my sig 928 and havent loaded any for the 9 as of yet but was using win 115's and they were flatting the primers so they are rocking out of that but like i said the recoil is about the same so all you people saying this is better than that load your own i trust me anymore than i do any bullet company there was a post on here that said do you like a supersonic bb or bowling ball ?ill take the supersonic bowling ball its only simple high school physics and a final thought on the 380 there are some excellent sd rounds out there now g2 reaserch rip and lehigh in my 380 and 9 i use the rip because the 380 gives 7 fragments and the 9 gives 9 watch them kill a pig with a 380 with 1 shot and the 14 layer denim into the gel penetration so just amp that up a lil in the 9mm a 380 is no longer a "POPGUN" i trusted my *** to it back then with ball ammo and trust it now with R.I.P ammo god bless the righteous
and punish the wicked