View Single Post

Old 10-17-2017, 09:03 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddcfii View Post
I recently bought a 1076 and want to find out if it was an FBI pistol. I had read somewhere here on the forum it was possible to call the Historical Foundation and find out if it was FBI before getting an official letter. I called S&W and they gave me an email (no phone number) for the Historical Foundation. I emailed them several days ago with no response. Does anyone know if they will respond or if there is a number to call or if I just have to pony up $100 for the letter in the blind?

Thanks.
I take it you don't have the box, but it would seem to me that the serial number, date of manufacture (available by phone from S&W CS) and other anecdotal evidence should give you a pretty reasonable idea of its potential FBI roots one way or another. Comparison to known FBI pistol serial numbers couldn't hurt.

I would also try a different S&W CS rep and see if you can pump him or her for a little more information than just the email address of the Historical Foundation. Sometimes you get someone new who doesn't even know what you are talking about (FBI??? ) and the next day you might get someone who is knowledgeable and anxious to help.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: