View Single Post

Old 10-18-2017, 02:37 AM

Liked 153 Times in 101 Posts

I have a lot of apex trigger parts experience. I just tossed the Action enhancement trigger in one of my 2.0's just to see what it felt like. feels pretty good. If you just put the $40 polymer trigger shoe in it won't make as big of a difference as doing the whole kit but I like the apex shoe better for the shape and being non-hinged. I also find the shields stock trigger just fine but the full sized trigger shoe has a much steeper curve. The apex polymer trigger shoe itself, because of the geometry, does actually cut a bit of the pre travel and over travel so that's a plus. Keep in mind that if you keep the factory sear and install just the apex trigger shoe, there is a chance you may have to file off a bit of the over travel stop section of the shoe to get it to function properly because with the factory sear you actually have to pull the trigger a tiny bit further to drop the striker. The engagement point on the back of the apex sear is actually milled a bit rounded off so its not likely to be an issue if you do the whole kit. It also might feel like the trigger is a little bit lighter because of the point of leverage depending on where your trigger finger sits. With the apex trigger shoes, you can really get down super low with your finger tip and that sort of changes the fulcrum point and feels a little lighter. but that will be largely subjective to the individual shooter.

the magic of the apex duty/carry kits aren't AS apparent in the 2.0's as in the 1.0's but I still like them better. it's really hard to beat the crisp glassy break of an apex gun. Now, as soon as they come out with the Forward set sear flat trigger kit for the 2.0's... that baby is going straight on my 5" FDE. that will be the first kit actually designed for the 2.0 system. The parts they have now are the same ones they had before... they just happen to be backward compatible. They had to redesign and manufacture some new parts for the FSS kits that are supposed to be coming soon for the 2.0.

the FSS kits are where the true apex magic is at. have those in my two full sized 1.0's and they are incredible. Still, I like a bit more pre travel in a carry gun though.