View Single Post

Old 10-20-2017, 03:14 PM

Liked 509 Times in 195 Posts

Well I'm back. The trigger return spring was too short. I'm assuming the gunsmith that worked on it last could not get it assembled and kept cutting off the spring until it would go together. I found that Wolf springs sells a bag of 6 or 12 springs which is an assortment of possibly correct springs. 6 different or 12 which is 2 of each. Got them, chose one that looked right. 2 of them would have worked but one was lighter than the other. I went light. I cut it 1/ 8 inch longer than the old one. Couldn't get it assembled. I cut another 1/16 th off. Couldn't get it assembled. I knew I couldn't cut any more or it would be too short. Figured I had to learn a new way to assemble it. I finally got it. everything was fine but the hammer wouldn't go back. Took it back apart and got that corrected. Put it back together and it is smooth as can be. Really nice. I had bent the cylinder stop spring earlier to keep the cylinder from free wheeling. It was marginal at the time. With the new trigger return spring in place the cylinder stop spring works perfectly. The gun is now tight.
So I bought it. Yeah I know. I paid too much but I had already put too much effort into it to let someone else have it. I did get a 50 round box of ammo with it. I'm happy.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: