View Single Post

Old 10-20-2017, 06:47 PM

Liked 3,389 Times in 1,107 Posts
Default Reminds me...

...of my crime fighting career. 😳 One 'dogpile' stands out, for certain. We were fighting a BIG guy on PCP or some other drug that made him immune to pain (at the moment) and quite impossible to control. Eventually there was a moment when it was likely we could get the cuffs on him and someone said: 'Cuff him' as all of us reached for ours. 'Course he was thereupon loose...and the battle started anew.

It ended relatively well for all involved...including the BIG dude. Lotsa uniform items needed replacement, though.

For those not in LE or fighters, you cannot 'win' if you can't hurt your adversary. And LE is a contact sport, absolutely.

Be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp220.45 View Post
When I was a military cop I only had two moves when my charm failed. Move One was to hit the offending party in the face or forehead with my radio. Those of you who remember the old Motorola brick can imagine the effect when it was swung lustily enough. I would then gracefully transition to Move Two, which was a rear chokehold, also applied with vigor. If I could maneuver myself behind him first, I would just go directly to Move Two.

These two moves were viewed with favor at the time. I once was enthusiastically choking out a hardheaded young brawler at the entrance to the NCO Club when my soon-to-be bride walked out with some friends from her office. Hi, honey, said she. Hi, dear, said I. Grrrrrkkkkkllllllkkaakkk, said my new friend. She stills laughs about it.

Sadly, such antics are frowned upon today. Radios are tiny things, and necks have grown weak and collapsible. In later years we just resorted to the law enforcement dog pile, which is quite the bonding experience but led to me getting hurt more often by flailing arms, legs, and handcuffs.

Then tasers brought the fun back, but I was never issued one.

Now as a semi-retired gentleman of leisure I use common sense, my considerable charm, foul language, and a gun, in that order. (Though I am thinking about carrying around an old Motorola, just for old time’s sake.)
The Following User Likes This Post: