View Single Post

Old 10-20-2017, 11:37 PM
US Veteran

Liked 542 Times in 218 Posts

Soooo, I got my 69 to the range Friday a week ago. I did not try shooting with Goodyear’s, I went ahead and left my Ahrends on. I fired a mixed 100 rounds of Hornadays .44 spl 225 gr FTX 44 mag 225 leverevolution FTX, .44 mag 240 gr XTP, Remington 240 gr SJSP, 180 gr SJSP. I mostly was shooting to get accustomed to the recoil. I am not recoil sensitive in that I don’t mind it, however, I got tired faster than usual. I did not find the recoil that bad, actually kind of like it and I swear by those Ahrends. My neighbors on either side of me had really big eyes after I was done and both asked me what I was shooting, seems most shoot non mag autos at that range these days. I will say that 69 is not an indoor gun. I will also say I enjoyed shooting it; much more than I had anticipated. I had a redhawk in the 80s I never could get used to and sold it after one range session to a buddy. But I will never sell this 69, I am extremely happy with it. I seemed to shoot the 180 grain the best, but think that’s more than likely due to getting used to the recoil. I would routinely shoot fairly tight groups at 10 meters, but would have a flyer or two in each string. But it was me, and I think it will shoot well after I start doing my part. I am really pleased with mine, hope Mcorps had a similar experience.

Last edited by M2MikeGolf; 10-22-2017 at 08:51 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: