View Single Post

Old 10-26-2017, 06:23 PM

Liked 823 Times in 375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinjunkee View Post
Thanks for the comments guys. Under the circumstances I feel it would have been difficult to Stage a gun. At least for me. This was a situation where I feel it was warranted though. I'm unsure if I could have properly staged the gun without him knowing it that quickly... This was the situation I have been thinking through. It seems so easy to make the wrong decision under this kind of pressure and that is precisely why you only use the pistol as a last resort in a life or death situation. Behind the keyboard it is easy to say what you would do but when put in the situation it's NOT that easy. In this case I'm trying to learn from my mistake..

What if he would have punched me in the face, etc? What then? Swing back? I wouldn't consider this a "life or death" situation even though he was bigger than me.. At what stage do you at least let him know you are carrying or engage the weopan if things start going south? Just trying to envision other scenarios so I'm more prepared for next time, which hopefully never comes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
At what point? For me, that point is when he breaks the plane of sticking his hands inside my vehicle, to punch me, strangle me, or whatever he plans to do to me. If you're hitting me in the face and we're not in a boxing ring with gloves and padded headgear on, I'm in fear for my life.
Once they stick their hands inside your vehicle, doesn't that fall under "castle doctrine" regs?