View Single Post

Old 11-01-2017, 11:52 AM

Liked 28,011 Times in 3,781 Posts

Okay, okay. I understand the reasoning that ".22's are fun to shoot," etc., etc. But many of you are missing the very practical side of owning a bunch of .22's.

You see, if and when the proverbial "ship hits the sand," so to speak, people who currently don't own a firearm will be looking to acquire one. The one they will most likely want is a .22 simply because of its practicality and its ease to shoot. Where are they going to get one? The LGS has been sold out for weeks, maybe even months. They are desperate.

That's when you come in. "Yes," you say. You just happen to have an extra .22 they can have for a reasonable sum.

Not only that, most of us who own more than one .22 also have a considerable amount of .22 ammo on hand. I mean, who knows when we'll have an apocalyptic explosion of the jack rabbit population? It pays to be prepared. Also, for those individuals who only own one firearm, it's probably a .22. As a result, when society as we know it becomes a veritable turmoil, .22 ammo will undoubtedly become one of the great bartering items.

So you see, there's a very practical side of owning several .22's. In reality, we aren't collecting .22's. No, we are just preparing to help out our friends and neighbors in case of a societal disaster.

So, my fellow .22 owners, keep up the good work. Keep collecting .22's. Our society may need you in the future.

Last edited by Mule Packer; 11-01-2017 at 08:51 PM.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: