View Single Post

Old 11-06-2017, 11:07 PM

Liked 578 Times in 198 Posts

Dang I read all 4 pages. Great Thread.
I once had the opposite of the heightened awareness thing that started this thread.
When I was 9 or 10 my buddy and I thought it would be fun to grab my dads bow and some broad head hunting arrows. We went to the land that surrounded the drive-in theater a block away.
After launching arrows at stuff I walked perhaps 60 yards away to find an arrow we had shot into the air. I picked up the arrow and looked in the direction of my buddy. I heard him yell something at me.
I looked into the air and saw the faint sight of a arrow on a big arc heading my way. That's when the odd part started. I was frozen in place, I did not move an inch. It was like 1 second was 20 min. I saw this arrow come in at such detail and in such slow motion it could have made Pixar jealous. I remained frozen in place and the arrow went right in between my elbow and torso without even the slightest contact. I looked behind me and the arrow was neatly stuck in the ground. Never heard a sound or moved an inch. Clearly the stoppage of time thing stuck with me.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: