View Single Post

Old 11-10-2017, 10:44 AM

Liked 9,471 Times in 4,392 Posts

Bringing this thread back to life as the threat of more anti-2A gun laws being passed in my loony moonbat state seems to grow stronger with every passing day. They just banned bump stocks practically overnight and more new laws are being debated as I write this. It's a feeding frenzy here right now.

Our still legal pre-ban hi-cap magazines will continue to be a target of the gun grabbers. Interestingly, that means some folks here are looking for even more of them (while they can still obtain them) while other folks are looking to buy 10-rounders to prepare for whatever might come. The most prudent gun owners are probably doing a little of both.

Along those lines, I'd like to hear more from anyone who owns 5900-series Mec-Gar 10-rounders. Reviews on-line are mixed, but it is hard to figure out if the problems discussed are simply unique to the reviewer's guns or more generally true. I have no use for magazines that won't be totally reliable. Yes, I know that Mec-Gar has historically been a generally reliable brand, but these new, shorter tube, 10-round magazines are not necessarily indicative of Mec-Gar's past success.

++++++++++

As an aside, I have recently tried to negotiate for some 10-round S&W OEM magazines that I found with used guns for sale down in Little Rhody. I tried both buying and swapping for either pre-ban or brand new post-ban 15-rounders. I had zero success. As it turns out, 10-rounders are said to be a "great selling point" for used guns down in "free state" RI. The reason? Apparently a lot of Northern RI shooters are members of clubs in MA or prefer an indoor range we have right across the state line here in MA. To play it extra safe, they only take 10-round magazines across the state line and into MA. Son of a gun! Now I know.