View Single Post

Old 11-10-2017, 11:33 PM

Liked 18,557 Times in 7,345 Posts
Default First Attempt at a Holster

I just got this little Bauer 25 and like the idea of carrying it as a BUG (MY choice - PLEASE do NOT turn this into a caliber war thread).

However, even though this little mouse gun has a nice positive-action safety, I'm not comfortable carrying it with one in the pipe in my pants pocket without the trigger being covered.

I don't want to carry it without one in the chamber and I definitely don't want to give up having the extra round on hand.

So, after doing a little online browsing shopping for a decent pocket holster I wasn't finding anything I liked for a reasonable price. I was running errands that took me close by the Tandy Leather store yesterday anyway, so I stopped in and picked up some nice heavyweight black cowhide scraps, and took a stab at making my own.

I used the gun to make a cardboard pattern and then more or less copied the general shape of the Galco Pro636 that I use for pocket carrying my LC9.

Seems to work quite well. Not bad for $2 in scrap leather and about an hour and a half of playing around. I think my next attempt will probably be a very basic 1911 hip holster.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2603.JPG (69.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2605.JPG (69.4 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by BC38; 11-11-2017 at 01:53 AM.
The Following 15 Users Like Post: