View Single Post

Old 11-13-2017, 09:44 AM

Liked 2,526 Times in 1,043 Posts

Case trimming 5.56. Last year my Dillon size-trim setup wasn't sizing the necks down quite enough for proper neck tension, and apparently the bullets I was loading were just a bit small. I had 5000 once fired GI cases to do...So I went back to an old RCBS die that worked, and got a Wilson trimmer. My wrist said only do about 100 a day, and sometimes that was too much...Dillon sent me a new die later on and all is well again.

Used to cast a LOT of bullets in years past in H&G 4 cavity molds, but between a lack of decent wheelweights for casting any more and--again, my wrists and arms--I don't do it anymore.

I am a single stage press guy for everything--don't trust these newfangled progressive presses (or politicians!). Many years ago I tried to get one of the early (RCBS) progressives up and running right. Finally put the wrenches and tools down and sold it off. Some years ago I was given a Dillon 550. It's STILL in the box.

Can't load for HOURS anymore and have to pace myself, but still like to pass the winter months this way. I put some music or a Great Course DVD on and I'm in my own little world.