View Single Post

Old 12-22-2017, 12:13 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 821 Times in 419 Posts

Mr. Nichols. I was aware of the part that you played in the majority/all of the company's designs from the close readings in this category of the forum and bare or bald braggadocio not-with-standing you are certainly correct in noting that fact. Your contributions made the company the leader it was in an industry that, at the time, was very competitive and challenging and in order to compete one needed insight, imagination and initiative to keep competitive. The one thing that I missed mentioning in my original post was that this company that was producing thousands of holsters a year in the highly competitive market that it was, was able to continue to produce a product that really never showed a lessening or cheapening of the product.... The introduction of the Pistol Pocket and the Askins Avenger and the Model 111 Cross Draw in the rather later stages of the company's history is, in my opinion, positive proof of my contention......Innovation is the introduction of those new models. Imagination is the same vein. Initiative was the introduction of those models mentioned and the many, many others that I haven't mentioned. That the quality of those new models remained the same as the early, first models that Bianchi manufactured is the result of the dedication of Bianchi himself and the many craftsmen and women who dedicated themselves to the company. I am sad in my heart that the company isn't really the same as it once was.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: