View Single Post

Old 01-01-2018, 02:01 PM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts

My father purchased a Win. M 12 in 20 ga. the week I was born in 1939. He told my mother that it was "Bobs'" gun, but of course he used it in the field until I was 12 y.o. He didn't take real good care of his guns, so I re-blued and refurbished it while I worked in a gun shop during my college years. I still have that shotgun. It will go to one of my great-grandsons.

I also have a second or third year production of what became the Ruger 22 cal. Autoloader pistol. I purchased it new for my Dad as a birthday present on his 55th b.d. I have the box, original receipt and all paper work. I paid $37.50 for it. Again, it is not 100 % anymore, but that is OK. It shoots just as good as ever. As it is now collectible, I will probably sell it in the next few years.

I have a Win. M 63, 22 L.R. rifle that my Dad purchased when I was about 4 y.o. It was used, but in near 100% shape. It is the first firearm that I ever shot. That was at about the age of 5. Because there is not much small game in Southern Nevada to use a .22 on, my Dad didn't use it much and it stayed in fairly nice condition. He was not a 'plinker'. I used this rifle as a young boy to hold down the lizard population in the desert near Las Vegas. It is still in about 95% condition. It is collectible now and will probably be sold in the next few years. ............
The Following 6 Users Like Post: