Thread: Sig Sauer P365
View Single Post

Old 01-20-2018, 06:40 PM

Liked 2,955 Times in 1,021 Posts

The P365 is certainly SIGs answer to the SCCY, or really the Keltec P11 that the SCCY is a copy of. After Ruger copied the Keltec P3AT for the LCP and then the Keltec PF-9 started the single stack 9mm movement, I've wondered for years why a major manufacturer wasn't apeing Keltec's 9mm double stack that is smaller than a Shield or G43. If Keltec can do it, why can't Ruger or SIG improve the design and release it as their own?

Well, SIG has finally done it. I'm not sure why they needed a proprietary mag design since Keltec has done it for years with a S&W mag, but if it works reliably I'll have no complaints. I think this will crush single stack 9mm sales, especially if they can get the price down to under $400. If both guns are made by top tier manufacturers, why would anyone buy a single stack 9mm when they could spend just a bit more and get a double stack that is smaller than the single?

So, by doing almost everything a G26 can do while being slightly smaller than a G43 or Shield, this gun will impact the sales of a bunch of guns - the subcompact double stack and single stack 9mm markets are going to take a big hit.