View Single Post

Old 01-27-2018, 08:35 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5,731 Times in 1,416 Posts

I'm also late to this .32 party but stumbled across this 7 months old thread, I figured I'd toss my S&W Model 31-1 into the party mix.

This particular gun has a neat back story in that the serial number places it somewhere around 1976, but I got it from the son who bought it for his recently (at the time 1978) widowed mother for home protection in this rural Virginia environment.

When she died a few years back this came up for sale on a consignment at a LGS who knows me and my like for Smith's. I wasn't to keen on another caliber either, but shoot...the price was real attractive and upon close examination all I could see on the cylinder face was three faint flash rings...indicating factory test only and unfired since then..still residing in the Bangor Punta box with all docs.

So as I was dickering with the LGS owner, offering my usual lowball out-of-the-gate, knowing he would have to contact the son...lo and behold....in walks the son, and tells me this back story and jumped on my offer so home she came.

I also snagged probably the last box of 32 S & W Long to be had in this area without going on line or special order. This gun, even in snubbie configuration is a hoot to shoot..recoil is like a pellet gun, the ladies love it.

I have to agree..........the 32 evidently is overlooked, and overshadowed by the bigger bores, but still a Smith and still a nice addition to the collection, and a real sweet shootin iron.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Model 31-1 A.jpg (40.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Model 31-1 E.jpg (52.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Model 31-1 I.jpg (71.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Model 31-1 J.jpg (96.2 KB, 22 views)
SWCA#3083, SWHF#570
The Following 4 Users Like Post: