View Single Post

Old 02-07-2018, 07:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkin' Jack View Post
Thompson Contender chambered in .45/70. As my old grandmother would say that is just too much sugar for a dime! I fired it the first time out of ignorance. I fired it the second time in the vein of "getting back up on the horse that th'owed me"
There won't be a third time unless something very very bad is about to happen to me. I mean it.

The first pic is a graphic demonstration of the difference in the standard .45acp and the .45/70. If you are wondering about the recoil of this round in such a light fire arm...well, there's yer clue.

I don't care how big and strong you are. I don't care which stance you use. You fire this beast and you will be takin' a couple of steps backward.
My Brother had a T/C Contender in .45/70. In factory condition you might get three shots off before you had to put it away. But after he put a JP Recoil Eliminator (JP Howitzer Brake) and a set of Rubber Pachmyr Grips on it, it was a pleasure to shoot, I could shoot it all day long then. The low pressure .45/70 Makes a big impressive low Frequency Boom, fun to shoot and fun to hear. Unlike my .458 Win Mag Pistol, which is much more powerful and hurt a lot more, but is was more of Loud “Crack” do to the high pressure/high intensity round, somehow not as satisfying as a big BOOOOOOM! of the .45/70. ;-)

Last edited by IHMSAhandgunner; 02-07-2018 at 07:24 PM. Reason: minor