View Single Post

Old 02-10-2018, 12:34 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,039 Times in 509 Posts
Default Tough Choice and pre-range photo

Leaving for the range in a few minutes, and I’m dealing with a difficult decision: which 4 will make the trip? I never take more than that, because then I spend too much time staring and not enough time shooting. Here’s my hangun family, minus a 29-10 and a 66 ND that are getting trigger work done. The High Standard Supermatic and the 629-6 always come with me, but the other 2 are always changing. The Taurus 66 rarely makes the trip. It’s a good shooter, with a gritty trigger. The Springfield Range Officer (.45 ACP) is a tremendous target pistol, although I don’t shoot it as well as I do any of the Smiths. The 19-4 (ivory stocks) is a true safe queen, in spite of my vow to never own a gun I wouldn’t take to the range. The little CZ 75 Compact is a fun and capable shooter, in a small, yet totally ergonomic package, and it’s 14+1 capacity makes it great carry piece, especially if a Zombie apocalypse is a possibity. It’s down-side, as others have noted, is its terrible sights. The 28-2 will definitely make the trip today. It’s my most recent acquisition (about a month ago) and my current favorite. the highway Patrolman just fits my large-palm stubby-fingered hands. The 686-6+ is another wonderful shooter, probably the most accurate of my guns, besides the HS. The Springfield is really accurate , just not in my hands. Time to get better with a 1911...So, there’s #4. Time to hit the range. I’ll report back later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BFD04CFB-241A-455E-A0A4-687B43535BB3.jpg (68.8 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by gfors; 02-10-2018 at 01:02 PM. Reason: grammar and style
The Following 4 Users Like Post: