View Single Post

Old 02-14-2018, 02:53 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,792 Times in 3,677 Posts

Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! You have to be in advanced mode (Click Go Advanced) to upload up to 5 images per post as attachments. Your pictures should be no larger than 1920x1280 pixels and in a folder you can find on your desktop. If you are using a phone or tablet, get the app Tapatalk and use that. On a desktop, click Go Advanced and then click the paper clip icon (attachment), navigate to , select and upload a picture and repeat for more than one until you are finished. Add your text and submit.

There was a British repair facility during WWII called the Rifle Factory Ishapore. These guns should be stamped R.F.I. on the frame along with other info. They finished the guns after refurbishment with a black paint called Suncorite. The gun you are interested in sounds like one of those refurbished ones. I have heard they rarely put them back together without mixing up the parts. So, check carefully that all the serial numbers match...under barrel, face of cylinder, behind ejector star, inside of yoke arm (look through a chamber to see it) and on the butt of the gun. A mix-and-match gun will lose a lot of value. IMO you are already at the upper end of what I would pay for it, especially if you recoat it. I would bead blast and Parkerize it. That would come closest to a restoration. You can buy an AGI kit from MidwayUSA that will Park a bunch of guns for around $60. And, here's what it'll look like afterward.

SWHF #474 SWCA LM#2629