View Single Post

Old 02-17-2018, 10:30 AM

Liked 29,261 Times in 13,835 Posts
Default I am a reasonable person...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm6120 View Post
I understand your position, RW, and I assure you I think these scum deserve exactly that fate, but I highly suggest you make sure that SC laws support deadly force in a protection of property/B & E scenario (if you haven't already of course!). If you or your family members are facing imminent injury or worse, then fine but if not I'd hate to see you get in major trouble and losing everything you've worked hard for if you don't check the legalities of your new P & P!! Some jurisdictions' laws are REAL cloudy about these kinds of scenarios.
Thanks for the concern. I'm not going to shoot somebody running away, the turning and shooting puts it in a grey area. Fortunately, at least for now, SC is a 'castle doctrine' state. But even a 'clear cut' case can be blown into a legal mess where even if you are vindicated, you can't get back the time and money spent on legalities.

That reminds me of the guy in AZ that clearly defended himself on a hiking trail, but used a 10mm. The law said he used 'excessive force' and he spent two years in jail before they got around to changing the law and releasing him.