View Single Post

Old 02-19-2018, 11:23 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,145 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjones View Post
I am a LEO and work plain clothes detective. My current qualified duty weapons 1) S&W PC627 with 2 extra moonclips in a shielded holder, model 640 pro, 327 Trr8 and a Custom Springfield 1911 .45 worn in a DeSantis shoulder rig. I wear concealed so I choose whichever 2 weapons will fit based on attire worn. Years back I also felt the pressure to switch but have no intention of doing so. I was raised shooting a smith .357 and a mill spec 1911. I’m 42 so I’m not young or too old for either but I know that handing me a gun model that I’ve been shooting since age 12 and am proficient with in every way makes a whole lot of sense. Fellow officers are so used to me having a wheel gun that they rib me for the semi-auto 1911! As the department range instructor I see a lot of benefits to the glock mentality when teaching the masses and think it’s a great issue gun. I carry The guns that come naturally and can use while also concentrating on the situation. Side note, the 1911 I carry is the old mans mil spec Springfield that I inherited. I had it fully customized and machined to modern spec.
I couldn't get my agency to spring for a TRR8, cheap *******s. They're still pissed I won't give up my 686 for Combat Tupperware. I'm retiring in August for the 3rd time, do a little security/PI work when I like.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Luke 22:36
The Following User Likes This Post: