Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyphil View Post
Oliver O. Ball was a Lt. (homicide detective) on the Ft. Worth PD
from 1940-1976. He made holsters for graduates from the police
academy and for quite a few Law Enforcement Officers. He passed
on in 1983.

Here is my O. Ball holster carrying my S&W model 67 on the left,
and with my model 19 on the right.
His death date made it easier, though not easy, to screen him out of the rest in my various research sites (tho I made a mistake in subscribing to Myheritage instead of Ancestry). The earliest I can find him as a policeman on Newspapers.com is 1949 and 1975 latest; he had a concurrent career as a boxing referee that precedes and succeeds his l.e.o. career by a few years. He appears as a detective during all those years, so likely that's what is required to be quoted in a newspaper on behalf of the P.D.

He appears to be Oliver E. Ball, lived 03 May 1911 (the year my own father was born) to 24 Aug 1983. Appears that his first wife b. 03 Nov 1915 died 04 Feb 1968 and he remarried 08 Jun 1973 and divorced 16 Jun 1981. His first wife is buried with him.

It was a post by boykin (sp?) on another Smith forum that clued me into his boxing ref career. Apparently well regarded in that field.

It's not much info that really relates to what I'm doing with The Book; but when I can place a person in time and space then they gain more relevance.