View Single Post

Old 02-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 18,061 Times in 4,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
Perps will make a game out of defeating security measures using distractions, false alarms, etc. to flush the students into a vulnerable position.

I think that cameras with a 'control center' would be good in tracking the ones that maraud the halls.

I think that any systems put in place that would improve the ability to hamper perps and take them out early would be a good thing. Schools shouldn't be like fortresses, but we need to change to serious counter measures like Israel and other countries subject to attack from anywhere at any time.

I also think that school patrols should be equipped to locate and take out quickly any attacker.

Costly? you bet. Worth it? You bet.

You just reminded me of one thing. I always laugh(to myself) at the seccurity drills I went through for a "bomb menace". After the alarm, facilities are to be orderly evacuated, with evacuation teams making sure everybody gets out, and then proceed to the pre determined "gathering point".

Always thought that, if I was the terrorist bomber, I would set the bombs to explode half an hour after the announced bomb menace, at the gathering point.

Last edited by Kurusu; 02-25-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Little keyboard, big fingers
The Following User Likes This Post: