View Single Post

Old 02-26-2018, 12:49 AM

Liked 6,031 Times in 1,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM-BAM View Post
I guess a copy of this should be given to every parent of a school student in the country...............so there is no misunderstanding!

If I recall the US Supreme Court case ...it's been a long long time.... the police are not legally obligated to provide protection and not legally liable (damages) if they are unable to prevent a crime.
From what I have read here it seems the officer resigned after he was suspended pending dismissal proceedings.

If he hadn’t it could have made an interesting employment court case.

As to the OP.

It seems that Texas has a policy of 20% of teachers carrying firearms in state schools and is approaching that level.

Ohio has an active “teacher carrying firearms” training industry that teachers from other states, including California, attend. It is considered work time, paid for by the local schools that employ them. It was featured on one of our TV channels evening news hour a month or so back.

Not every teacher will want to carry. Not every school board will want teachers carrying. And many, many parents will object to teachers carrying.

Some teachers will carry contrary to the rules/laws in any event.

I seem to recall one school shooting a few years ago stopped early on by a school employee who had just taken off his lawfully CCW pistol to lock it in the car in the school car park.

As for gun free zones, I thought that lesson had been learnt after the pre WWII events in Germany.

As to what gun to carry, the one you are familiar with, can shoot accurately and practice with regularly.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: