View Single Post

Old 03-01-2018, 08:31 PM

Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts

I was traveling from Oklahoma thru Texas on the way home to New Mexico. I had just crossed into Texas and was 3 MPH over the posted speed limit. A Texas DPS officer, turned out he was a Corporal FTO, stopped me. Before he even asked for my license etc. his first words were, "Sir do you have any weapons in the vehicle?" I answered "Yes officer I do." OK where are they? I have a locked and loaded 1911 on my right hip and multiple long guns and carbines in the back.
THAT got his attention! Oh BTW Officer I have about 2,000 rounds for each of those weapons! Not the brightest remark at the time. He never missed a beat, hand never went to his weapon he only asked "Why do you have all those guns and ammo."
Simple explanation officer I've just completed a week long tactical long range rifle/carbine class in Oklahoma. Of course the handgun is part of the class as well.
Now he asks for my licenses, registration and insurance - he got my NM carry permit at the same time!
Sir Texas has a no tolerance ordinance for speeding, slow down and have a good day! Thank You Officer be safe and WY6.
Having been a Reserve Police Captain I learned one thing real fast...give respect get respect!!