View Single Post

Old 03-12-2018, 03:38 AM
Banned

Liked 9,332 Times in 2,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
I carry a snub revolver more than anything else and believe it to be adequate and a great personal defense weapon, but my primary goal is avoidance and disengagement.

If I was responsible for protecting others, I would definitely opt for a high capacity autoloader.

It is with good reason that law enforcement switched to high capacity semi-automatics. In the context of an attack on a church, I would have the mentality that I would likely have to be ready to defend against a homicidal/suicidal individual likely armed with an assault rifle or at least a high capacity handgun and possibly wearing body armor. I just can't see wanting a revolver in that scenario. That's just my perspective, YMMV.
It's not the arrow, it's the indian.

First rule of a gunfight: have a gun.

A .38 in hand is better than the Glock or other large auto left at home. Statistically speaking, 5-6 are plenty for defensive encounters. Revolvers work for many members here. They are proficient and accurate with them, THAT is what will end the fight quickly, not the bucket of bullets under you latest plastic fantastic wonder pistol.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: