View Single Post

Old 03-13-2018, 11:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You guys make me

Yes, I do realize I am over thinking it. Unfortunately this is the nature of who I am. I except nothing less than perfection in what I do, on .. everything. : Wife loves that by the way

I am an experienced shooter, but have never required or shot a scope. Stupid me thought, you know I think I want to try a scope.

So it is my understanding that the idea of mount and "leveling" a scope is to make it level and plumb to the centerline of the bore. Thus making the point of intersect true and accurate with any adjustments you may make to the reticle.

If this is in fact the case, then if they were to be paired at only 1 degree apart this would effect the point of impact.

Is it a 22? Yes. Will I be shooting long range? No. Will several other variables over power such inaccuracies such as wind, gun cant, shoulder weld, breath control, shivers, etc. Yes.

But, as I learned at a very young age. If its worth doing, then its worth doing right. And "good enough" does not exist in my life. : You should see my house ... its ridiculous

So the question is. What point or where are you setting the level to assure the weapon is level prior to installing scope mount?