View Single Post

Old 03-14-2018, 06:33 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmansguns View Post
I too went to Parochial schools (elementary as well as 1 year High) and I have also been the recipient of the famous "ruler whack" across the knuckles from the "friendly" (not so) Nun, but I really wasn't prepared, or interested in Latin class so was always getting a chalk eraser thrown at me for cutting up in that class (wimpy Brother King so no accuracy, and no harm other than some dust to explain on my uniform) but even Brother King had enough of my shenanigans and one day unbeknownst to me, had Father Joe watch from the back of the class. Father Joe was an ex-Marine who made most all of the Pacific assault landings, taught football & wrestling, had no time for track, basketball and other "girlie" sports and thought absolutely nothing of taking students (boys) "out back" and discussing his philosophy of life (usually hurt like hell...and you could not rat him out to mom or dad or else...let the pain continue around our house. A couple of Father Joes "gentle" cuffs upside your head (which always put you on the floor, and sometimes the desk too) and I began to take an interest in Latin believe it or not.

Salud Sal that you a) survived and b) became a S&W expert.

Sorry for the thread drift (probably an out and out highjack!)
After I closed, I thought the same ... WOW, I drifted way off thread. Us guys attended Parochial school have a unique insight that others do not. For me, it was a nun. My buddies that went on to Catholic HS told me the Brothers were brutal.

It was Sr. Serafina who scared the living daylights out of me. She stood about 5'8" and AT LEAST 300 pounds. Her face would get beet red yelling at us emphasized even more dramatically by being outlined with the pure white border of her veil on the Notre Dame habit. I'm still afraid of "large" women here 55 years later. LOL ! And, I never dated a woman that was more than a few pounds overweight unless the weight was in the form of beneficial attributes.

REF: Sister Mary Stigmata (The Penguin) / Blues Brothers.

Last edited by model3sw; 03-15-2018 at 06:12 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: