View Single Post

Old 03-16-2018, 04:23 AM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

I've picked through a few cases like that, where instructors required students to point guns at each other and somebody wound up dead. To be honest, it's led me to believe that gun safety rules should be observed--where possible--even when "blue gun" surrogates or other training aids are used. Noting of course that sometimes that's not possible in some cases, like rolling-in-the-dirt LEO and violence nerd classes.

I hear a lot of people complain about "instructors" pointing blue guns right at them, but they always do so quietly and carefully, like they think I'm going to out them for being a wuss. One even had an "instructor", "teaching" (I'm at my monthly quota for sarcasti-quotes) another student on a live range, point a blue gun right at his (the 3rd party's) head, parallel to the firing line. To reiterate, using a blue gun, breaking Rule #2 and safe-direction practices, with live weapons and ammunition within arm's reach.

No, dude...you absolutely have a right to not be cool with that. Probly my biggest peeve: people that know better keeping their mouths shut because they're afraid of being impolite, or offending an "instructor".

Oh, and whoever the hell keeps doing idiot stuff like this:

needs to have their heads examined.
The Following User Likes This Post: