View Single Post

Old 03-23-2018, 10:16 PM
US Veteran

Liked 32,381 Times in 5,478 Posts

Yes, I also have a fondness for older US military arms. ODCMP provided me several years of opportunities to stockpile M1 rifles (SA, Winchester, IHC, HRA), along with a few M1903's and 03/A3's. M1 Carbines have been a favorite of mine since the 1960's. Krag rifles and carbines have been a hobby for several decades. Trapdoor Springfield rifles have given me much pleasure on the range. Couple of 1860 Colt Army revolvers, a London Colt Navy revolver, 1849 Pocket Colt, couple of Remington New Army revolvers, all have been an education and fun at the range as well. US M1911 and M1911A-1 pistols have been an obsession for decades. WW1 and WW2 revolvers including M1917 Colt and S&W, a Colt Commando, and a couple of Victory models. A very nice 1943 Johnson has been fun, both as a source of research and on the range. Had a registered M1A1 Thompson years ago, but foolishly sold it before the market went absolutely off the charts.

Not military, but I also enjoy a pre-Civil War percussion rifle that I restored to firing condition, and have taken a couple of meals with it in recent years.

A very few I have some provenance on, mostly from family members selling off estate items. Others, well I just wish they could talk. They are all pieces of our national history!
The Following 6 Users Like Post: