View Single Post

Old 03-25-2018, 08:09 PM

Liked 29,261 Times in 13,835 Posts
Default That's fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4506517 View Post
Spotty quality and not really cheaper than name brand. Mostly reloads at factory new ammo prices. Bullets usually seated very high.

I started a thread about them here a few years back.

I'll pass on them from here on out.
That's fine, I was just going to say that they aren't 'cheap' ammo, but after shooting them the quality is very good and consistent and they ran through all guns just fine. They seem as good as any name brand ammo. The business has grown and developed in several phases over the last years. The co-owner said her and her husband started out with their home foyer as their 'showroom'. Now they are in a metal building with several commercial loaders, and still use the Dillons for some cartridges. They use all new components. Maybe something changed over the years. At least my present opinion was favorable. Years ago I refused to buy any reloaded or homebuilt ammo because I got burned too many times with really crummy stuff. But in the last 10 years or so some outfits have a really good reputation. I think Freedom Munitions and some other Georgia manufacturer get good marks. Things change. Sometimes for the better.

Last edited by rwsmith; 03-25-2018 at 08:14 PM.