View Single Post

Old 03-30-2018, 12:28 PM

Liked 136 Times in 56 Posts

Everyone knows that four legged threats are far more common on the city/town streets than two legged threats. This is exactly why I revived my dormant firearm hobby after 24 years, soon after I started walking six miles per day in nice residential neighborhoods in a nice town. Every 20,000 thousand blocks I walk in nice residential neighborhoods, I have to do a defensive display. This is once every 5.5 months. Every 80,000 blocks, a defensive discharge. Local law persons says I can avoid legal trouble by choosing to go to the hospital first, instead of choosing to get into legal trouble to avoid a certain trip to the hospital. My reply: I feel instant sheer terror when dogs charge at me. The terror is not caused by having to face you, sir; nor having to face the city attorney, nor the jury nor the judge. The sheer terror is caused by huge fear of having to go to the hospital. If a dog is traveling at high velocity directly at me with clear intent to immediately threaten me with loss of life or limb, I am going to yank when it gets within 25 feet of me, and crank within ten feet of me. Dogs run at 20 feet per half a second. When I have just enough time to defend myself is when I am going to defend myself. Dog owners think I am limited to boomerangs, air horns, sticks, irritating spray. They think wrong. The problem with pepper spray is that the dog has to come to a cognitive decision that the irritant is not worth the reward of the target, when it is adrenalin charged. Instead, I just want to stop the threat now, when I am ambush attacked with just enough tenths of a second to do so.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: