Thread: Shield .380 EZ
View Single Post

Old 03-31-2018, 03:33 PM

Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Default Range Report!

I got the new .380 Shield EZ and have spent two days breaking it in and discovering problems.
First of all, I am not a novice!.. I shot with the Navy for almost 10 years and received my DESTINGUISHED PISTOL SHOT badge in 1964.
Three problems have been found during my last two days of shooting. Some of it is probably partly my fault but I know others have found these same problems, and possibly a fix.
First of all, I found the gun shooting low and to the left. I don't think this is a gun problem as much as it is the two handed grip. I know this is now the norm, but for years I shot a .45 single handed at 25 and 50 yards and rarely was out of the black.
The two handed grip has a tendency to push the sight alignment to the left and down. This can be corrected but it will involve the way I hold the gun.
The second problem was the trigger NOT resetting after every shot. It didn't happen to often but occasionally I would have to regrip the gun to get it to reset the trigger. I found out that the grip that I am using has a tendency to not hold the grip tightly enough to allow the trigger to reset. Again my problem.
Thirdly, out of the first 300 rounds, I experienced two stove piped unfired rounds. This may improve as the gun wares in.