View Single Post

Old 04-02-2018, 10:16 AM

Liked 9,184 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTom View Post
As many of us know dogs can do some serious damage to humans. My brother was attacked by next door neighbors Mastiff. The dog show no aggressive behavior prior. Knocked him down from behind and took a small chunk out of his left shoulder. Needed stitches and medical attention. He was concerned about nerve damage in left arm / hand. Could have hurt his career as he is a commercial pilot and was out of work for some days afterwards. Fortunately it healed.

Dog bites and attacks on people are serious business.
What was done regarding the dog, and more importantly the owner?

There are those who think you should be willing to allow yourself to be mauled by their dogs to avoid harm to said uncontrolled animals. I wonder how fast their opinions would change if a commercial pilot sought legal redress against them because he no longer had a career.

Every pilot I've ever known flew because he loved it. Take that away from them, and they'd blow the deguello, no quarter asked or given.

I don't know about your brother, but if I lost a career as a pilot because somebody didn't control their dog, the owner would wish that instead I'd shot the dog AND him, because I'd pull him through every criminal and civil knothole known to man and a few hitherto unimagined.

I dare an irresponsible dog owner to look somebody in the eye and tell them that their childhood dream is less important than their vicious animal.
The Following User Likes This Post: