View Single Post

Old 04-06-2018, 06:28 AM

Liked 381 Times in 142 Posts

Try 700X I’ve had good results with this powder in both 45acp and 357 magnum. You hear a lot about how it doesn’t meter well through some powder measures but I never had problems using it both my old Lyman 55 or the new 55 that I use. Very accurate powder and clean burner.

Trail Boss is a good choice and very safe powder to use just don’t compress powder. I’ve even used it with 240 grain JHP bullets in my 44 magnum target loads with good results and it doesn’t beat you up after shooting 100 rounds.

Accurate No.2 and Accurate No. 5 are also good choices for light to mid range 38 special and 357 magnum loads, powder meters great and has some bulk to it , more with No. 5 . Also very easy to see inside charged case . I always double check powder change by shining small maglite flashlight into cases before I seat bullets , this step only takes a few seconds and has never failed me yet. I use a single stage press for all my reloading and I never get in a hurry or load more than 50 rounds at a time ,I take a break and load 50 more. It takes a lot of time but I enjoy reloading I don’t make it a chore.

Last edited by BuckeyeS&W; 04-06-2018 at 07:07 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: