View Single Post

Old 04-06-2018, 12:18 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

I was with you right up to this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
...when I get to "man standing over there" he has a kind of a notebook open and he asks me to put my license number in column 1, my name in column 2, where I will be sitting, etc., and that was that.

I kind of liked that system. Where they allow guns but want to know who has them and where they are - works for me!
What possible reason could they have for knowing who and where they are? It's not like they're coming to you for help if something goes wrong. So, I ask again, what value to them is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
...this is Texas, nobody cares as much as you might think, even the anti-gunners.
This is how the incrementalism starts. They make it commonplace to have inspections when not needed. We comply because we want to see the show and it becomes normal. Make no mistake, this is not normal...yet. Just because you've seen it a lot doesn't make it normal for the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomkinsSP View Post
As a practical matter your carry weapon is safest on your person, not in a car that can be burguled. Also you are safer not being known to be unarmed because of someones asine policy.
This is an important point. Cars at events, movies, theater, sports, etc., are especially soft targets. The thieves know they have at least two hours of uninterrupted time with your car.

You may think that no one is watching, but the thief is. Here are two scenarios:
  • The thief will see that you went in, got wanded and decided to go back to your car. Now they can make an educated guess that you've placed a gun in your car. This increases the chances of your car being burgled.
  • You play the game and keep your gun with you. Like it or not, you're a marked individual. Prior to the inspection you were just a patron. After, you're a patron with a gun to anyone who's paying attention. If a bad guy is watching, they now know you're a valuable target. Prior to the search, any attack on you as an individual would be random and they would HOPE you had something valuable. Now they KNOW you have something valuable i.e. the gun.
Both of these scenarios increase your chances of being a target.

No, I don't like it at all. I'm not concerned at being wanded because I'm legal, but going through a special line and being interrogated is not acceptable.