View Single Post

Old 04-07-2018, 03:46 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 821 Times in 419 Posts

I believe that you can still get holsters for the Model 39. I believe that Milt Sparks can make both an OWB and IWB for the gun. According to the owner, Tony Kanaly, with whom I spoke to a few years ago, they can build some of the old style holsters on special order as they have the old molds and plans for the older styles... (I was inquiring about the old rigs that Mr. Sparks used to build like the Gold Medal belt/holster combo.

You would have to inquire at some of the other manufacturers of leather holsters still around or that have come into the business in the past years as the older holster makers have retired or passed away... Doc Barranti in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania may be able to build something to accommodate your needs.

Another way to get something for that 39 is in the used market. Safariland and Bianchi, Safety Speed, Smith and Wesson Leather (old Wally Wolfam Leather) are still available on the used market and are very good holsters and quite available at some competitive prices. And there are many others from closed holster makers still available.

The old Bianchi Pistol Pocket is a very, very good concealable holster and they were made for the 39/59 series and the later 3rd generation autos.

I hope that you are able to find something. The Model 39 is a fabulous autoloader!