Thread: Shield 45 reset
View Single Post

Old 04-07-2018, 05:45 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

Ben,
All my handguns reset unless the trigger sticks for some reason in the most rearward position! What I'm saying up front is that the actual reset position does not matter to me as long as the gun functions and fires every time. It is, and has been for a very many years, my habit to allow my trigger finger to move fully forward within the trigger guard before beginning the next trigger press. Yes, I have short stroked a few, but it's been a very long time ago!

I shoot as quickly as I want or need to shoot and as accurately as my old eyes will allow me to see. If your handgun is functioning well, and it sounds like it is, I'd just keep on shooting it. I'm assuming that you have not had any problems making it go off every time you pull the trigger even absent a recognizable trigger reset. To be honest, I can't tell you whether my Shield 45 trigger reset can be heard or felt. I can tell you that my trigger has reset every time I have fired it since new, and that's been well beyond a thousand times. I personally have never been concerned about when or where the trigger resets. I am concerned to hear a loud noise and feel the recoil every time I pull the trigger. As long as that happens, I'm a happy camper!

Unless and you have a problem with your pistol firing reliably every time you pull the trigger, I say you are good to go! You may feel differently than I, and that's OK, but I just don't get worked up about trigger reset as long as it happens!