View Single Post

Old 04-14-2018, 10:39 PM

Liked 238 Times in 95 Posts

I had grown weary of shooting striker fired polymers and wanted to get a DA/SA semi-auto like I had owned in the past. At one point I had a Sig P226 Sport, or Supersport or something like that.

What a beauty it was. I bought it right and sold it better to a guy who just had to have it. I made some nice dough, but regretted selling it. Still do,

Anyway, I did a little reading, okay, a lot of reading and talked to some guys I know who like the older semi-autos.

I decided a 3rd Gen. Model 915 would be just the thing.

I started out at the farthest gun store from my home and worked my way back. I hit 3 gun shops and 3 pawn shops. These guys are all pretty large dealers, lots of used firearms in stock.

In the first five stores I found one 915. It looked to be in rough shape and the kid working there wouldn't let me field strip it and he declined to do it for me. I doubt he knew how to do it. Don't think he knew how to shave either.

So at the last place, the one closest to home and the store and owner I know best, I found one in pretty nice shape and snagged it.

The point of all this is, yeah, the older ones are out there, but not like they used to be, is what some of the storeowners and workers said.

If you want one and see one a good one, maybe you better grab it. The one I got was on the bottom shelf of a case tucked away in a corner.

I have the feeling if it had a more prominent place in the showcase it would have been long gone.

Last edited by mikem; 04-14-2018 at 10:42 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: