View Single Post

Old 04-15-2018, 03:32 PM

Liked 17,313 Times in 6,653 Posts

I think it's cyclical. Right now a LGS has a CS9 (black) that has been sitting for quite some time. In fact, it was there back in January (I think), when I bought my 457 from them. They also had a couple of 40xx guns, and a couple of 2nd Gens.

Yesterday, they listed a 3913, so we'll see how long that lasts. It took me over a year to sell my CA DOC 3913 on a very busy local gun forum.

The 3914 that I PMed you about a few months back finally sold about three weeks ago. That sat for a while.

There are a few 6906s floating around in other shops as well. I think a shop I've never bought from had a few 594x guns sitting in the display case. I'd have to look at their website to see if there were all stainless or allow frames.

Then there is a CS45 (black) with four 6 round and a throw in 8 round magazine on that same local gun board. It's listed at $450.00 and I'm trying hard not to start negotiating for it.

The 3rd Gens that seem to go fastest right now are the 457.

Of course it's likely also regional. Since we can't bring "off roster" guns into MA, we have to be sharp eyed and expect to pay a premium. You should see what the few available Glocks go for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18DAI View Post
You dont see many 3rd gens coming up for sale in the gunshops anymore. Those that have them, generally, are keeping them.

In the fairly large gunshop I have worked in part time for the last 2 years, we have had only two come in. A 3913 and a 5906. Neither ever made it to a display case. One good customer who happened to be standing there when the 5906 walked in walked out with it. Another cop who works there part time snagged the 3913.

And most local shops keep a list that they call when 3rd gens wander into those stores. Thanks Gary! So those guns never make a display case either.

Great guns that were sometimes underated and mostly under appreciated. I still use them daily for serious purpose. Bet your life reliable, accurate and being they were made when gun guys and manufacturers still cared about asthetics, they look good doing all that. Regards 18DAI