Thread: Shield EZ dud
View Single Post

Old 04-22-2018, 09:17 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,190 Times in 754 Posts

We took the EZ out this weekend for round 2.

My wife took what is for her an overly exaggerated high and tight grip and had much better performance, not as good with shot placement but it functioned with only 4 feeding or extracting failures out of 6 magazines. However, out of her six magazines, the last round was ejected UNFIRED 3 times.

I gave it another go and had only one issue, a stove pipe, in all of the ten magazines I shot. It was still hitting a good amount left after adjusting the sight. And yes, it’s the gun.

However, out of the ten magazines I had the last round ejected unfired 4 times. We labeled the magazines and it happens with both. That’s a big issue.

Then as an experiment, I tried limp wristing a magazine and had 3 failures similar to my wife’s first outing.

Oh well! These things can happen.

I cleaned it up nice and traded it in yesterday. I told the shop owner and he’s interested in trying it himself.

I have had absolutely no issues in any of my other S&W semi autos. This was a first for me. Honestly, the only other time I had such a bad experience was with a Bersa Thunder .380 (shudder).

I know I could have sent it in to have it looked at, but I only bought it because I think it’s a great idea and was hoping to recommend it to some people. I can’t do that as of yet, but maybe after it’s been out for a while and everything gets smoothed out I’ll try it again.
- The Federalist #46 -