View Single Post

Old 04-24-2018, 12:30 PM

Liked 934 Times in 189 Posts

I was a U.S. Customs Special Agent and assigned to a task force. One of the local officers was carrying a 3953. I had owned a 3913 before and liked it, but I'm not a huge fan of the DA/SA action pistols. On one of the range days, he let me shoot it, and I was hooked. I started looking around to buy one, and I called our district range officer in Los Angeles, to see if he knew anyone stocking them. He informed me he had several in the armory to issue. The next day I received a FedEx package from L.A. with my unissued 3953. I immediately took it to the range, and ran about 500 rounds of duty JHP ammo through it. Zero malfunctions, so the next two years it was my EDC pistol. Unfortunately two years later the agency went to Glocks nationwide, and I had to give up my beloved 3953.

About a year ago, I found one advertised here locally in Las Vegas. It didn't have the original box, but it did have six factory magazines with it. It test fired perfectly, and goes in my EDC rotation now. You WILL have to pry it from my cold dead hands!! LOL
The Following 7 Users Like Post: