View Single Post

Old 04-28-2018, 02:49 PM

Liked 1,657 Times in 587 Posts
Default SNS cautioning about titegroup!!?

I went to the SNS bullet site to put in an order and noticed they had a caution stating that the use of titegroup was a recurring theme regarding leaded barrels. They recommend switching powders. I thought this was unusual because Titegroup has always been my go to powder for cast bullets ever since I first tried it a few years ago. I use it for 9mm, .40S&W, 45acp, and .357 and have never had any problems with leading at all. Maybe some guys are just trying to use titegroup to push their bullets too fast or something. I have also talked to a lot of other reloaders who use Titegroup almost exclusively with cast pistol bullets. I wonder if Titegroup is really the issue. If a large percentage of reloaders are using titegroup with cast bullets it only makes sense that a lot of the guys who are having leading issues would also be using it. In any event, since I have had no problems to this point I don't intend to change now. Interesting, I just went back to their site and it looks like they've changed their warning to read "powders with fast or hot burn rates. So I guess they're not singling out Titegroup anymore.