View Single Post

Old 04-30-2018, 03:26 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sailor View Post
I see a lot of comments from guys who won't use TG because they are concerned with double charging. I have never fully understood this. Every loading manual I have ever seen has clearly shown and labeled the maximum safe load. It is simply a matter of following directions and not putting a heavier charge than listed as safe. contrary to what many will have you believe, TG is not out to trick you in any way. Titegroup doesn't double charge, people double charge. If double charging is really an issue then it might be better to change loading practices rather than blame the components.
The issue with such a low volume powder is not technique but ability to easily determine a double charge in a case. Hodgdon managed to do just about everything to make it diff to determine a charge by visual means. Dark color, small volume, very easy to double in a large case & miss one & it only takes one.
The other issue is the extreme high heat level on ignition. Hot enough that a fast/long string on a hot day can melt the FO insert on a front sight. Yes I have seen it done. I am a very exp reloader & I wont use it as long as there are other options & there are quite a few of those.