View Single Post

Old 05-01-2018, 08:32 AM

Liked 7,099 Times in 2,950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I do dry fire it often. As a matter of fact, the gun is kept in the safe loaded with snap caps so I can do it often. I have done the coin excercise. I’ll do it more but I don’t think that’s the problem.

One thing I DO know is I do anticipate the recoil. The j frame is not a pleasant gun to shoot. Even with my mild reloads, the gun still barks with authority. I’m shooting 158 grain LSWC over 3.4 grains of HP38. I just switched to a plated 158 grain LSWC from Xtreme Bullets and I upped the charge to 3.6 since plated usually requires more pep. Max charge is listed as 3.8 so I’m still middle of the road. In a 4” K frame, they’re nice and soft. I guess I need to shoot it more often to get used to it. I saw it yesterday three times. I had three light strikes with my reloads. Primer not seated all the way, I guess. These were some of my earlier reloads. When I got a click instead of a bang, the gun dipped. Totally my fault.

Also weird that I have never had a light strike with my 9MM or .380 reloads.

I guess I’ll keep working at it, but it is discouraging.

Sorry for the upside down pics. Don’t know why that happened. They’re right side up on my phone and computer.
Just me, and my laziness, or something else, but I can not shoot a J frame well. Went to a 2" K frame, and MUCH better! Bob